An Officer in PennStuart’s Abingdon, Virginia office, Cam serves as leader of the firm’s Insurance Defense and Professional Liability practice group and as a member of the Outside General Counsel, Commercial Litigation and Employment practice groups. Following law school, he served as federal law clerk to Hon. James P. Jones in the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Virginia and joined PennStuart in 2002. An avid community advocate for his hometown, Cam and his two children reside in Abingdon.
Cam has extensive experience in complex litigation matters, including tort, contract, employment, and property claims, representing businesses, health care providers, business professionals, attorneys, and individuals. Cam has successfully litigated numerous cases in federal and state courts in Virginia and Tennessee over his eighteen-year career. In addition to being comfortable in the courtroom, Cam serves as outside general counsel to several business entities in the region and regularly advises area banks, utilities, and municipalities on all manner of operational and regulatory matters.
Cam is a founder and co-owner of Wolf Hills Brewing Co., an award-winning craft brewery and live music venue in historic Abingdon. As a small business owner, Cam understands firsthand the many issues that businesses face on a daily basis and is available to advise on issues that affect your business.
- Reporting Requirements and Other Obligations Associated With the Settlement of a Medical Malpractice Case or Claim, Journal of Civil Litigation, Winter 2008-2009
- Update of Medical Malpractice Certification Statutes, Journal of Civil Litigation, Winter 2007-2008
- The New Medical Malpractice Expert Certification Statute, Journal of Civil Litigation, Fall 2005
- Timber Trespass in Virginia, Energy and Mineral Law Foundation Annual Institute, 2006
- Coal Law Update, Energy and Mineral Law Foundation 32nd Mineral Law Conference, Fall 2007
- Medical Malpractice Expert Certification Statute, Virginia Association of Defense Attorneys Spring Section Meeting, 2007
- Injunctions, Appalachian Association of Professional Landmen Conference, 2004
- Potential Liability for Student Athletics, ODAC Presidents’ Conference, 2004