Wade is an Officer in PennStuart’s Abingdon, Virginia office and Chair of the firm’s Commercial Litigation practice group. During his time with the firm, Wade has handled some of the firm’s most difficult and complicated cases, including class actions, product liability, pipeline condemnations, and strike violence and misconduct. He has been lead counsel in over 200 cases in federal court in the Western District of Virginia and has appeared in over 20 different state circuit courts in Virginia. Wade has also tried cases in the state and federal courts in West Virginia and Tennessee, where he is also licensed.
In addition to work at the trial court level, Wade has briefed and argued numerous cases before the Supreme Court of Virginia and the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit. He has also successfully represented clients before the Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia and the Court of Appeals of Tennessee.
In recognition of trial and appellate work, Wade was selected to be a Fellow in the American College of Trial Lawyers in 2000.
- Mountain Valley Pipeline, LLC v. 6.56 Acres of Land, 915 F.3d 197 (4th Cir. 2019) (affirming order granting immediate possession in condemnation cases);
- Bruce McDonald Holding Co. v. Addington, Inc., 241 W. Va. 451, 825 S.E.2d 779 (2019) (affirming summary judgment in a coal lease dispute);
- Plum Creek Timberlands, L.P. v. Yellow Poplar Lumber Co., No. 1:13CV00062, 2016 WL 6651395 (W.D. Va. Nov. 11, 2016) (deciding cross motions for summary judgment in mineral title dispute);
- Elkhorn-Hazard Coal Land, LLC v. Enterprise Mining Co., No. 13-108-ART, 2015 WL 711302 (E.D. Ky. Feb. 18 2015) (granting summary judgment in coal lease dispute);
- Trigg V. Little Six Corp., 457 S.W.3d 906 (Tenn.Ct. App. 2014) (ordering arbitration for employment claims);
- EQT Production Co. v. Adair, 764 F.3d 347 (4th Cir. 2014) (reversing order granting class certification).