Tim is an Officer in PennStuart’s Bristol, Tennessee office. Tim and his wife, Lois, have two children and five grandchildren.
Tim has a general business practice and focuses on business transactional work, including mergers and acquisitions. Tim has extensive experience in the energy industry and particularly with high-value energy transactions. He has represented sellers and buyers in numerous transactions involving the sale of coal properties and companies, oil and gas properties and companies, telecommunication companies, and other businesses. He serves as outside counsel for land and energy companies and provides day-to-day consulting to businesses on operational issues. Tim also represents a variety of other businesses, including several physician practice groups.
Prior to joining PennStuart, Tim previously served as Senior Vice President and Corporate Counsel of AMVEST Corporation.
- represented seller of coal operation located in Kentucky and Virginia in transaction valued at over $700 million;
- represented seller of coal terminal facility located in West Virginia and Kentucky in transaction valued at over $75 million;
- represented utilities company in transaction valued at over $45 million in which the company’s telecommunications division was sold;
- represented buyer of coal company located in West Virginia in transaction valued at over $5 million;
- represented buyer of oil and gas assets located in Tennessee in transaction valued at over $3 million.