Seth is an Officer in PennStuart’s Abingdon, Virginia office and is a member of the firm’s Commercial Litigation and Business practice groups. Seth is a native of Williamsburg, Virginia. After law school, Seth worked for a law firm in Danville, Virginia. Seth moved to Abingdon with his wife in 2012. He serves as Vice President of the UVA Club of Southwest Virginia and East Tennessee.
Seth’s practice involves commercial litigation in state and federal courts. He represents clients in contractual disputes, business torts, local taxation disputes, commercial real estate matters, business disputes, zoning and land use matters, construction matters, and condemnation cases. He also handles commercial real estate and business transactions. He is an experienced trial lawyer with appellate experience to match.
- representation of pipeline company in a federal condemnation action involving hundreds of landowners in which trial court granted possession to the company, decision affirmed on appeal;
- representation of seller of mining company in a federal lawsuit alleging breach of contract and fraud and obtaining jury verdict for seller;
- representation of utility before Supreme Court of Virginia and obtaining ruling that utility properly filed suit to condemn and opposing party’s evidence of value was largely inadmissible;
- representation of an industrial taxpayer in a suit seeking refunds from real estate tax assessments by the county and obtaining an award of nearly $2 million for taxpayer;
- defending gas company in federal class action claiming unpaid royalties.