Sarah is an Associate in PennStuart’s Johnson City, Tennessee office. She is a member of the firm’s Business & Transactional practice group. A Johnson City native, after five years of working as a commercial real estate paralegal, she attended law school at Belmont University College of Law.
Sarah focuses her practice on business, corporate, and transactional matters. She represents developers, borrowers, and lenders in all aspects of commercial real estate development, acquisition, sale, leasing, and financing among all classes of real estate (office, retail, industrial, multi-family, and hospitality, and residential developments). She also represents developers, borrowers, and lenders in the financing, development, construction, and rehabilitation of affordable housing projects utilizing Low Income Housing Tax Credits, Federal Housing Administration (FHA) insured financing, and U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) subsidized financing. In addition, Sarah assists clients with the formation and governance of business entities, such as limited liability companies, partnerships, and corporations and regularly represents clients in the sale or acquisition of closely held businesses.
- Developer Counsel for the construction, development, and operation of various multi-family housing projects across East Tennessee, Western North Carolina, and South Carolina.
- Developer Counsel for the construction, development, renovation, and lease-up of an existing building into a mixed-use development located in Johnson City, Tennessee utilizing New Markets Tax Credits.
- Developer Counsel for the construction and development of various low income housing projects located across Middle and East Tennessee utilizing Low Income Housing Tax Credits.
- Lender Counsel for the construction, rehabilitation, and/or permanent financing of various low income housing projects located across East Tennessee and Western North Carolina utilizing Low Income Housing Tax Credits.
- Counsel in numerous asset purchases and sales across a diverse field of industries.