804 Anderson Street
Bristol, TN 37620
Michael F. Blair is an Officer in PennStuart's Bristol, Tennessee office. He serves as a member of the Executive Committee, and was the Chairman of the Workers' Compensation and Black Lung Practice Group from 2004-2007. Mr. Blair regularly represents employers and insurance carriers before the Virginia Workers' Compensation Commission, both at evidentiary hearings and on appeals to the Department of Labor. He also handles numerous Federal Black Lung cases at all levels of the Department of Labor. His appellate practice includes matters in the Virginia Court of Appeals, the Supreme Court of Virginia and the United States Court of Appeals. The Virginia Workers' Compensation Commission website database lists over 500 Commission Decisions for Mr. Blair.
- University of Virginia School of Law, J.D., 1972
- University of Maryland, B.A., 1969
- Virginia Association of Defense Attorneys
- Washington County Bar Association, President, 1990
- Board of Directors, Vice Chairman and Executive Committee, Wellmont Bristol Regional Medical Center
- Defense Research Institute
- Westmoreland Coal Company v. Clyde C. Campbell, No. 0981-87-3, Court of Appeals of Virginia, 7 Va. App. 217, 372 S.E. 2d 411
- Comer C. Musick v. Codell Construction Company, No. 1211-86, Court of Appeals of Virginia, 4 Va. App. 471, 358 S.E. 2d 739
- Perdon Coal Company/United Coal Company v. Charles C. Stiltner, Record No. 831412, Supreme Court of Virginia, 228 Va. 461, 323 S.E. 2d 110
- Carl R. Kiser v. Clinchfield Coal Company, Record No. 820889, Supreme Court of Virginia, 225 Va. 357, 302 S.E. 2d 44
- The Best Lawyers in America, 2005-2010 editions.
- Virginia Super Lawyers 2009, 2010, 2011